As a person ages, few home health care products become as life-changing as a reclining lift chair. When we speak to our customers, especially those experiencing leg, hip and back pain, they often tell us that one of the hardest movements for them to make is to sit down on a chair and eventually get back up. The mere action of sitting demands that a person use her core muscles, hips and legs to complete the movement. That is where a lift chair can be of great assistance.
Below, are 5 benefits that you should consider if you are in the market for a lift chair for yourself or a loved one.
- A helping hand: Individuals who have a limited range of mobility, often experience lack of balance when it comes to sitting down and standing up. In some cases, another person is required in order to help that person carry out those movements safely. The lift recliner introduces a whole new level of independence. At the simple touch of a button, the seat can be lowered or raised in order to gradually, help the person achieve the position they desire.
- The most comfortable sitting surface: Whether you are looking to read a book, entertain friends, watch TV or knit, the lift recliner is the perfect sitting surface for you to carry out any of those activities. Beyond their ability to help the person sit and stand, lift chairs have adjustable backrests and footrests. Three position and infinite position lift chairs, particularly, give you the option of operating those two sections independently. Imagine you have a friend over and need to have your legs raised in order to reduce swelling. Your back can be upright while your footrest comes up to offer the perfect level of comfort.
- A safe napping surface: Lift recliners– especially those with infinite position capabilities– are a perfect spot to rest. Their ability to achieve a Zero Gravity position helps to align your spine, allows you to breathe better and improve your circulation while you rest in a perfectly horizontal position. Individuals who live with respiratory issues, like COPD or other lung conditions, can benefit from sleeping with the backrest in a slightly raised position (another option for those individuals is a home hospital bed).
- Make it your own: When we think of home health products, we often think of institutional-looking devices– crafted from very simple materials in sad and monotonous colours. But when it comes to lift chairs, that is definitely no longer the case. Lift chairs come in a variety of colours for you to choose from– which you can easily match to your decor. They are also manufactured in different models and fabric materials. Are the couches in your living room leather? You can definitely find a matching, upholstered lift chair to suit that style.
- Quality and durability: Lift chairs by factories like Golden Technologies and Pride are made to last. They think of the lift chair recliner as a device you will use several times a day, on a daily basis. That is why they are built with ultra-durable and easy-to-clean fabric materials and come with limited lifetime and 7-year warranties respectively.
If you are looking for a great medical lift chair at an unbeatable price, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the experts at Vital Mobility. If you are looking for a recliner lift chair for recovery from surgery or injury, feel free to look at our lift chair rental options— ideal for short term needs if you live in Toronto and the GTA.